Advanced Design Patterns using Amazon DynamoDB
March 23, 2018 Version
© 2018 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at email@example.com.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
In this workshop, we will review Amazon DynamoDB design patterns and best practices to build highly scalable applications that are optimized for performance and cost. We will demostrate the implementation of these design patterns using Python scripts. At the end of this workshop, you will have the knowledge to build and monitor DynamoDB applications that can grow to any size and scale.
Here's what you'll find in this workshop:
- Exercise 1 - Capacity Units & Partitioning
- Exercise 2 - Table Scan and Parallel Scan
- Exercise 3 - GSI write sharding
- Exercise 4 - GSI key overloading
- Exercise 5 - Sparse Indexes
- Exercise 6 - Composite keys
- Exercise 7 - Adjacency Lists
- Exercise 8 - Transactional workflows
- Exercise 9 - DynamoDB Streams and AWS Lambda
- This session is designed for developers, engineers, and database administrators who are involved in designing and maintaining DynamoDB applications.
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Basic understanding of Amazon DynamoDB
- Familiarity with Python/Boto3
Step 1 - Starting the Qwiklab environment
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.